海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: Shanghai Foshan Wingchun Club – Re-entering the Scene
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 Shanghai Foshan Wingchun Club – Re-entering the Scene   
wingchun
[博客]

性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2010/02/11
文章: 1
来自: 中国
海归分: -765

文章标题: Shanghai Foshan Wingchun Club – Re-entering the Scene (1812 reads)      时间: 2010-2-11 周四, 15:50   

作者:wingchun海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

Shanghai Foshan Wingchun Club – Re-entering the Scene
Date 2009-12-24 Source Adam/In-Kungfu
“My background in Wingchun comes from my father. My father and his master studied together more than 40 years ago. The people practicing it were a small society, so all knew each other. You could teach me and I would teach your son etc. People were close to each other in those days,” Dr. John Xue is clearly passionate about Wingchun and has been involved in it since childhood. He comes from Foshan, the home of Wingchun and is currently running a training club in Shanghai.

John Xue (right) alongside celebrated master Sum Neng

Surrounded by some of Wingchun’s most celebrated masters, Dr. Xue has had the chance to have a first hand glimpse into this Martial Art’s history. After going to the UK to study, he continued to practice and started teaching it. “One thing I’m proud of is I do this because I love it and not just to make money.” During our interview, Dr. Xue is quite animated as he lists names from Wingchun’s history and his own childhood, including one of his relatives, Master He Xian Guang, whom he refers to as “a living dictionary” of Foshan Wingchun. It is clear that the sense of community as well and respect for tradition are essential elements of this Martial Art.

The relatively small venue houses remnants of Wingchun history

Located in a building just across Hangzhong Lu station of Metro Line 1, Dr. Xue’s venue is fairly small, though quite new, clean, and equipped with all the facilities needed for training, including a woodman dummy and enough floor space for this kind of training. Influenced by a friend to start this club, and with more than 100 registered students, he’s had to make a slight change of plans regarding his practice as an instructor. “I didn’t want to make it too commercial at the beginning, but now we are growing and have more long term plans.” Though a bit cagey about specific plans, he is adamant that there is much room for growth for Wingchun in Shanghai, and seems to have plenty of ideas. “This is just a first step in trying to do something I think is truly amazing. Wingchun is very popular throughout the world, though not very much in the Chinese Mainland, except Guangdong, and I want more people to know it and appreciate it.” Indeed, a big part of Wingchun’s appeal is its practical use and subtlety, as well as its accessibility to various types of people.

Wingchun is all about close contact and direct combat

“The ages of my students range from 5 to 40 years old. A lot of people became interested in Wingchun from the film, Ip Man, and so it’s becoming more popular. Wingchun can give you a useful skill while also improving your fitness,” he explains. “It’s not good looking, but it’s very practical. It’s not about how high you jump or how much wood you can break. It’s a practical close body combat martial art. It used to be learned by physically weaker people, such as women, in order to use less (muscular) power, but more direct combat, which makes it completely different from traditional martial arts.” The rich history and practical nature of this Martial Art is a genuine treasure, and another advantage is that it doesn’t require too much space and equipment, making it an ideal form of fitness in an urban setting.

Group shot with the master

The classes Dr. Xue teaches are rather small in number, giving him a chance to give attention and focus on his student. From the very beginning, the focus of the lessons is practical use and emphasis on direct skill. The atmosphere Dr. Xue seems to promote is a casual, social one, with a friendly atmosphere and good relationship between the master and his students.

Currently, Dr. Xue runs classes Tuesdays from 7-9pm and Saturdays from 3-5, with the total course packages lasting around 18 months. Besides the regular instruction, he also offers one-on-one instruction, and training for various levels.

作者:wingchun海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
Shanghai CCHH address and liasion num... 海归酒吧 2005-5-16 周一, 12:07
旅游娱乐业:Can PLAYBOY open its Club in Sh... 海归论坛 2005-1-23 周日, 10:15
How to contact Haigui club in Shanghai 海归论坛 2003-6-30 周一, 18:40
Lenovo is recruiting Hardware System ... IT 2016-4-25 周一, 14:14
[分享]德资物流设备制造商招Sales Engineer- Conveyo... 机械 2014-2-26 周三, 17:31
帮原同事的公司宣传一下,像Ebay为货物交易创建了中间平台一样,Lendi... 海归主坛 2013-10-23 周三, 13:39
[分享] 欧洲marine咨询公司招consultant - shanghai 海归招聘 2013-7-11 周四, 14:41
世界500强美国通讯公司寻找NPI Operation Mgr, base... 物流采购 2013-6-04 周二, 16:50

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 wingchun离线  发送站内短信 发送电子邮件 QQ号码584012649
  • Shanghai Foshan Wingchun Club – Re-entering the Scene -- wingchun - (4001 Byte) 2010-2-11 周四, 15:50 (1812 reads)
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.